Monday, August 9, 2010

Staging

Day 1: Staging is complete!

There are 45 volunteers in the Peace Corps Uganda group. We have an incredibly diverse group of volunteers coming from all walks of life. I have never met a group of people more enthusiastic and passionate about global volunteerism and service. Staging entailed outlining the Peace Corps mission and expectations, our anxieties and aspirations, and what we should expect in our first week of service.

It's both intimidating and exciting that my Peace Corps experience is finally coming to fruition, finally a reality. It's been a long time coming since I filled out my Peace Corps application in September 2009.

We leave our hotel in Philly at 2:30AM Tuesday morning. As such, I do not plan on sleeping tonight; hopefully, I'll be able to get some sleep on our 15 hour flight to Johannesburg.

Family and friends: I'd like to again thank you all for your support ane encouragement. I wouldn't be here without you.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment