Monday, March 19, 2012

A Growing Fan Base

It goes without saying that Ugandans are ardent fans of European football, particularly of teams - Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool - that play in the Premiere League. In attempt to diversify the sports/teams that people in my village support, as well as to promote Peace Corps Goal #2 (to promote a better understanding of Americans - my Red Sox fanaticism - on the part of the peoples served), I have begun to Bostonize, Patriotize, Red Soxize, Celticize, and Bruinize them to become as passionate fans of the said teams. The following pictures are visual proof of my endeavor to grow the Boston sports fan base, slowly but surely, in Kachumbala.


Flo proudly sporting her Patriots t-shirt.


The Red Sox and Patriots are well represented in Kachumbala.


Why am I the only one not wearing any Boston memorabilia?

1 comment: