Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Faces of Kachumbala


Betty posing for the camera.


My neighbor. I often play soccer with him when he comes home from school.


My counterpart, Fr. Okurut, after Sunday mass.


My favorite shopowner, Cyrus, with his son. His shop is where I buy my bread, beans, rice, and drinks.


Fr. Paul, Fr. Okurut, and Silver drinking their nightly ajon. Personally, I prefer beer.


Flo cooking up something tasty.


S3's (equivalent of 10th/11th grade) Emma and Julius. I teach these guys English and Geography.


My supervisor, Rose, with Zefara, a nurse at the dispensary.


Silver. Hands down the best chef in Kachumbala.


When I was walking back from the market, I ran into these guys. Once they saw my camera, they insisted that I take a picture of them until I got it right. This was the 3rd attempt.


My self-proclaimed, Ugandan "toto"/mother (in the middle) in Kachumbala.


Ugandan children hanging out by the borehole, which hasn't been working for several months.


Ugandan children riding a bike. Especially in the villages, bikes are a common mode of transportation.


A Ugandan child playing after Sunday mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment